Fri, May 20|
City Sewing Room
May Day, Play Day Benefit
Calling all Crafters, Makers and Fabric Friendly Folks - Join us for a May Day, Play Day Benefit for the City Sewing Room and Fashion Group International Saint Louis! Preregister online now!
Time & Location
May 20, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
City Sewing Room, 6700 Arsenal St, St. Louis, MO 63139, USA
About the event
Calling all Crafters, Makers and Fabric Friendly Folks - Join us for a May Day, Play Day Benefit for the City Sewing Room and Fashion Group International Saint Louis! This fundraiser will feature short sewing workshops, $5 fill-a-bag Maker's Mart Sale, raffle, music, and fun!
*30 min Fabric Craft Workshops included will be led by CSR instructors and FGI Members. To participate in these workshops come early as the available slots will fill up fast!
Featured Workshops lead by FGI Saint Louis Members:
Hand Embroidery - Led by Olivia from The ORD Academy
- In this workshop you will learn the most useful hand embroidery stitches that can turn a plain garment into your own fun design! Bring in your own fabric or garment to embroider or use one of ours. You can stitch your name or create a unique design!
RECLEAM headband, earrings and bracelets – Led by Mary Ruppert-Stroescu
- In this workshop learn how to upcycle textiles with a ZERO waste process. No Prior sewing skills needed.
Fabric Pendants - Led by Vicky Howard
- In this no-sew fabric craft workshop you will learn how to make a 4" inch fabric pendant with a button center. Bring in your own fabric or use one of ours.
Zippered Travel Pouches - Led by Dorothy Pino
- In this workshop you will learn how to make a small travel pouch, great for carrying make-up or school supplies. Bring in your own fabric or use one of ours.
*$5 Fill- A-Bag Sale on all Maker Mart Item: Fill our handmade CSR tote bag with fabric and notions from our Makers Mart! We’ll have extra bins of fabric and item available.
*Raffle will include great prizes like:
- Private Sip and Sew Class for 6
- 1 year membership to the CSR!
*There might also be a few FGI Member pop up shops the day of the event (weather permitting) and live music will be provided by our instructor, Dorothy Pino!
*We are asking that participants preregister for this event. All are welcome to attend! A suggested donation of $15 is encouraged, but donations of any amount are welcome! A portion of the proceeds will be shared with FGI Saint Louis.
For more information, contact Fashion Group International at:
Fashion Group International
Donate upon entry
Preregister now, donate later! This option will reserve your spot while you consider a donation that's best for you.